Strategy 2021 = 4 sub-strategies
The University focuses on four sub-strategies to implement its vision and mission and to overcome the challenges it faces.
- The University of Bern strives to operate as a university offering a full range of courses.
- The University distinguishes itself with five different key areas.
- The University of Bern is consolidating its reputation as a teaching university.
- Its targeted approach to promoting talented young academics makes it a forerunner in its field.
1. A university offering a full range of courses
The University upholds its aim to offer a full range of courses and, with the exception of Engineering, offers all of the important academic subjects.
2. Distinguishing itself with five priority topics
The areas are highly relevant to academic debate with current problems and issues of both global and regional significance.
3. Consolidating a reputation as a teaching university
Excellence in research is enhanced by high standards of teaching.
4. Promoting talented young academics.
Its targeted approach to promoting talented young academics makes it a forerunner in its field.
The sub-strategies are set by the Executive Board of the University of Bern as the strategic guidelines and mission for the University as a whole. The faculties provide input into implementing one or more sub-strategies, developing the necessary skills and services and managing the competence centers that focus on specific research questions.