The Forum for University and Society is an independent unit associated with the University of Bern and carries out its function at the special request of the University of Bern. It acts as a bridge between the university and society by bringing together, clarifying and evaluating expert knowledge on topics of current and future relevance. The topics are addressed in detail and commented on in interdisciplinary discussions and publications with the aim of making expert knowledge fruitful for the public at large.
The Forum for University and Society:
- Responds to the problems and needs of the public
- Facilitates dialog between the University of Bern and society
- Organizes event series
- Promotes interdisciplinary dialog
- Draws up viable solutions for the future
- Informs the public about the results of its activities via media and publications