Compass UniBE offers a wide range of courses as well as mentoring and individual advice. You will attend courses held exclusively for Compass UniBE, as well as selected courses from the regular study programs of the University of Bern. In addition to compulsory courses and elective courses, optional courses and workshops are offered. Depending on interests, previous education and learning needs, the timetable is compiled individually and can therefore correspond to a full-time or part-time program.
Depending on the course selection and phase of the program, Compass UniBE participants attend approximately 20 sessions per week. The same amount of preparation and follow-up work can be expected for each session.
- German level B2 – C1
- English B1 (if required)
- Courses from the regular study program in the discipline of your choice (except for lectures of the faculties of medicine and vetsuisse)
- Mathematics course (if required)
- Learning technique and methodology courses
- Information and orientation events
- Individual advice and support during the admission process (regular status reviews)
- Mentoring and social program by the students’ union (SUB)
- Access to various university services (including Unisport)
Participants will receive confirmation of attendance once they have successfully completed the preparatory program.
After successfully completing the preparation program, participants have the opportunity to apply for a regular course of study at the University of Bern.