Prerequisites for attendance and costs
Prerequisites for attendance
- Foreign upper secondary school-leaving certificate (Matura) or commenced university studies, depending on the country of origin of your former education*
- German language proficiency level B1 (placement test)
- Residence permit B (refugee), F, N or S
- Consent of the case-managing asylum welfare office
- Residence ideally in the canton of Bern
- High motivation, independence and willingness to learn
* Please note the information on the checklist of documents to be submitted.
Expectations of the University of Bern
- Full participation in lessons for one year (August-July)
- Compliance with agreements and stipulations
Limited number of participants
There will be 20 places in the 2023/24 program year.
When applying for Compass UniBE, it is not guaranteed that you will be accepted into the program. A selection process will take place.
- Participation in the 2023/24 program year is free of charge
- Costs for transport to the University of Bern, teaching materials, writing utensils, etc. must be expected