Application and admission with a Swiss high school leavers' certificate (Matura) or degree
- a Swiss high-school leavers' certificate (Matura) and are interested in studying for a bachelor's degree at the University of Bern?
- a Swiss high-school leavers' certificate (Matura) and would like to come to us from another Swiss university or would like to start at a more advanced semester of the bachelor's degree program?
- a bachelor's diploma from a Swiss university or Swiss Federal Institute of Technology?
- a bachelor's diploma from a Swiss university of teacher education or university of applied sciences?
- a Swiss vocational school leavers' certificate (Berufsmaturität) with a passed "Passerelle" university qualification examination?
Then you fulfill all the necessary admission requirements (sections 1 and 3) for all degree programs and can apply directly to the University of Bern (exceptions: all medical degree programs).
The Admissions Office is responsible for admission to studies, while assessments are conducted by the individual faculties.
For all applications, the Admissions Office first checks whether the general admission requirements set out in the University Ordinance and regulations have been met.
If you have already studied at another university and want to continue your studies at the University of Bern in a later semester, the faculty will then check whether your previous academic attainments can count toward your studies at the University of Bern.
You will receive more detailed information on the procedure once you have submitted your application and paid the application fee and, if necessary, the fee for application after the regular application deadline.
Processing time: 6 to 8 weeks
Special admission requirements for medical degree programs and Sport
You want to study Medicine, Dental Medicine or Veterinary Medicine or Sport Science? Then there are additional admission requirements and earlier application deadlines.