The University of Bern is committed to combating discrimination and promoting equality and equal opportunities. This includes the elimination of disadvantages for persons with disabilities and chronic illnesses and the reduction of barriers in studying and working situations at the University of Bern. The goal is to enable equal access and participation for students and employees with disabilities and chronic illnesses.
For students and employees at the University of Bern, there is a service office that deals with the university-related concerns of persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses. The task of this office is to find joint and individual solutions with those affected to ensure that studying and working at the University of Bern is as barrier-free as possible.
Equal Opportunities Coordination Office
Information on the contact point
- Clarification of the concerns of affected persons
- Individual counselling sessions and triage to the responsible offices
- Assistance in organizing access arrangements or workplace adjustments
- Raising awareness and providing information for university employees
- Cooperation with counselling centers