Campus and Infrastructure Living in Bern

Accommodation - living

Student lodgings

The University of Bern does not offer accommodation for students. However, there are various independent student lodging companies in Bern that rent out rooms and studios to students. The University of Bern cannot guarantee you an accommodation in these student lodgings, please contact the student lodging company directly.

website contact *

Tel. +41 (0)31 991 11 67


Tel. +41 (0)79 861 45 12

Studentenresidenz Stöckacker

Tel. +41 (0)79 560 13 13

StudentInnenheim der Christkatholischen Kirche
(the Old Catholic’s Church’s student accommodation)  Tel. +41 (0)78 713 17 98
StudentInnen Logierhaus Immoplus

Tel. +41 (0)31 370 00 80

Frohberg - Haus für Lernende und Studierende

Tel. +41 (0)31 306 06 76

More offers

 website contact
Student Accommodation offered by the Student Union of the University of Bern (SUB)

The SUB rents out rooms and apartments to students.
Tel. +41 (0)31 631 54 11
Housing Anywhere

The student housing platform Housing Anywhere finds rooms and apartments for students from students.
Accommodation Offers for Researchers

The Welcome Center of the University of Bern publishes accommodation offers for lecturers and researchers in Bern and surrounding areas. 

Welcome Center  
Shared flats

Various independent platforms list available rooms in shared flats all over Bern. (German) (German) (German) (German)


Bern Bahnhof

Registration in your place of residence (residents' registration office)

If you move to Bern from somewhere else in Switzerland, you have to register with the  registration office of the city of Bern within 14 days. You have to register even if you are only in Bern during the week (week stay).

If you move to Bern from somewhere outside Switzerland, please observe all conditions relevant to entering and residing in Switzerland.