Mobility and Exchange Incoming

Mobility between Swiss universities

If you are registered at a Swiss university and have successfully completed your first year of studies, the mobility agreement between Swiss universities will allow you to study for 1-2 semesters at the University of Bern. You will stay registered at your home university and continue to pay tuition fees there. There are no tuition fees due to University of Bern.


You apply to make use of the mobility agreement between Swiss universities through your home university. Contact your International Office for more details.

If you only want to attend specific courses at the University of Bern, or if you want to complete an entire minor at the University of Bern, register for minor mobility

All about your studies

Our course catalogue is available at Please note that some courses may be published only shortly before the beginning of the semester. Therefore, we suggest checking the courses offered in previous semesters to get an overview of the course offer in your study program. Our fact sheet on how to find courses is available here: 

Courses marked with "HS" are taking place in fall semester, courses marked with "FS" in spring semester.

Course registration is only possible after you receive your campus account. 

The Language Center at the University of Bern offers free English and German courses for students.



© UniBE International