Mobility and Exchange Incoming


Students who are currently registered at a Ukrainian university have the the possibility to study at the University of Bern for 1-2 semesters as exchange students if their subject of study is offered. An exchange agreement between your Ukrainian university and the University of Bern is not required. As an exchange student you can attend courses and take exams without having to pay tuition fees at the University of Bern. The stay is limited to 2 semesters and you cannot obtain a degree at the University of Bern.

The course catalogue is available at You can filter your search by language of tuition (e.g. if you are looking for courses in English only). Courses marked with HS take place in fall semester, courses marked with FS in spring semester. 

Please note that the language of instruction for courses on Bachelor's level is mainly German. Most courses in English are on Master's level. If you are an advanced Bachelor's student you may also attend Master's courses (exceptions are possible). 

Human and dental medicine are generally limited in study places. Admission as an exchange student in these study programmes is only possible for students who have been granted status S in Switzerland. 

To apply for 1-2 semesters for the fall semester 2022 at the University of Bern within this framework please fill in the online application form. Once you filled in the form, you will be asked to register on our exchange platform Mobility Online and to upload a number of documents that will be part of your application file:
- copy of passport/ID
- proof of registration at your home university in Ukraine
- transcript of records (if available)
- language confirmation/certificate for the language of instruction (B2 in either German and/or English) (if available)
- learning agreement (does not need to be signed)

The application deadline for fall semester is 20 May 2022. IMPORTANT NOTE: The afore mentioned deadline is extended until 15 June 2022.

If you are unable to provide these documents or if you have any questions regarding the application please contact us at

If you would like to apply as a regular degree-seeking student please consult the website of the Admission's Office for information on admission requirements and the application process (Bachelor, Master). Please note that as a regular degree-seeking student you have to pay tuition fees. 

Access to university sports

Refugee students from Ukraine can apply for a Unisport membership card free of charge. To get access to the university sports offer, please submit the following information and documents:
First name, last name, address in Switzerland, date of birth, phone number, mail address, a passport photo, and proof that you studied at a Ukrainian university and of your status S.
Please send the documents to: