Funding instruments and offers
Funding instruments and offers at the University of Bern
- Initiator Grants of the Vice-Rectorate Research: for Postdocs, to support early career researchers at the University of Bern in the preparation of third-party funding applications (application deadline of 23.2.22 just expired)
- Seed Money of the Faculty of Humanities: prospective doctoral students/postdocs receive (usually 12) PP for preparation of project proposal (primarily SNF, if position then provided)
- Junior Fellowships of the WBKolleg: half-year position for the preparation of a competitive application after doctoral studies
- Grant for PRT of the Faculty of Medicine: Funding for clinical research time
- CTU Grants of the Insel Group for excellent young doctors
- CSH Bernoulli Fellowships: 3-year Postdoc Fellowships at the CSH
- Albert Einstein Center Visitor Program of the Einstein Center: Offer for all physicists with PhDs
- The Center for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (CAIM) of the University of Bern and the Inselspital, University Hospital Bern, combines cutting-edge medical research, engineering and digitization. CAIM offers the possibility of temporarily hosting Ukrainian students or researchers at one of the associated research groups as part of the support campaign for Ukrainian researchers of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Please get in touch with us through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ukrainians who have fled their country and are hosted by students (UniBE/PHBern), employees of the University of Bern, Bern University Sports, PHBern or by Unisport cardholders can apply for a free Unisport membership card for a period of 6 months. Refugees must be at least 17 years old, have protection status S and be able to provide proof of address. The registration must be made personally and in the presence of both parties at the university sports office in Bern.
- The University Library and its services are open to all – including people with temporary residence permits and refugees. After registration on swisscovery, you can benefit from our services, most of them free of charge. You can also consult our online catalog terminals in order to access our electronic resources.
Various offers from Switzerland
You can find more offers on the website of Science for Ukraine.
#SwissScienceforUkraine is used on Twitter to communicate offers for researchers and students. Below you find the Twitter-Stream with #SwissScienceforUkraine: