The Grants Office currently offers support for proposals with and without implementation partners as well as for Flagship Initiative applications. Our services are free of charge.
We advise you with regard to:
To ensure that you meet all the necessary requirements of the funding agency, we:
- provide background information on the funding schemes
- explain the most important rules of the funding agency
- inform you about the funding criteria and check your eligibility to apply
Proposal writing & submission
We support you in the formulation of a complete application. However, we can only guarantee our services if we receive your application 3 weeks before the submission deadline.
To ensure that you submit a formally correct budget that is convincing in terms of content and complies with all the requirements of the funding agency as well as the rules of the University of Bern, we:
- provide you with a detailed infosheet for the calculation of personnel costs
- check your budget for completeness and for the reasonableness of the costs
- give you qualified feedback on your budget
- ensure that the budget line items you have defined are allowed and appropriate for your project
- check whether the participation of third parties is correctly specified
To ensure that you submit a competitive application that meets the requirements of the funding agency, we:
- give you qualified feedback on the content and structure of your proposal
- offer suggestions to improve the readability and persuasiveness of your proposal
- review the appropriateness of the deliverables.
Evaluation decision analysis
So that you can plan the next steps after the funding agency has made its decision, we:
- support you in the interpretation of the evaluation report
- give our appraisal for a possible resubmission