To submit a proposal, please complete the application form and submit it, together with the supplementary documentation, compiled as one PDF, by email to Matthias Hirt at the Vice-Rectorate Research.
Please note that only applications submitted in this way will be considered.
The following application conditions must be met:
- completed doctorate, max. 5 years before the application deadline for the UniBE Initiator Grant (relevant is the date of the exam/defence) or according to the requirements of the main application for career promotion (e.g. for an SNSF Eccellenza Professorship Fellowship or an ERC Starting Grant). Exceptions are possible in special cases (esp. for family obligations or due to the interruption of te research work).
- proof of scientific activity
- existence of an independent research project that can be realized at the University of Bern and will be submitted in your own name. For a mobility grant, the motivation and the relevance for the further career plan have to be explained.
The following conditions apply in terms of employment:
- If the UniBE Initiator Grant is to be used for an application for project funding, then the researcher must have an employment contract at the University of Bern for the planned duration of the main project. In addition, the researcher must have workspace and / or an employment contract at the University of Bern for the duration of the UniBE Initiator Grant.
- For an application for individual funding, the researcher must have workspace and / or an employment contract at the University of Bern for the duration of the UniBE Initiator Grant. In addition, the researcher must submit confirmation that the planned main application is, in principle, supported by an institute of the University of Bern.
These conditions in relation to employment and the support of the main application must be confirmed separately in writing at the time of submission by an institute or centre of the University of Bern.
You will receive confirmation within a week of submission of your proposal, along with information about the expected date for a decision on funding.