Coronavirus - Current situation
Here you can find the latest information from the University of Bern concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
Switzerland is in an extraordinary situation. The number of cases is increasing rapidly. The entire population is affected and everyone must now take responsibility: Stay at home. We can only limit the number and avoid overwhelming our health system by common action.
University of Bern switches to emergency operation (minimal presence)
- Research operations in the rooms of the university will be completely shut down, unless otherwise authorised.
- All employees who are able to do so should work from home. Face-to-face meetings and discussions are to be replaced by video or telephone conferences.
- There is no more on-site teaching. Examinations and assessments which are scheduled for the Spring semester 2020 will take place in this semester.
- The libraries and the gyms are closed and all university sports events are cancelled.
- All other public events will not take place.
All measures taken by the University of Bern apply until further notice.
Reporting of absences due to coronavirus
Supervisors are obliged to immediately report employees who tested positive for COVID-19 to the Risk Management Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The situation may change continuously. The most up-to-date information for Switzerland can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health.
For further questions about the coronavirus: Infoline FOPH: +41 58 463 00 00
For UniBE-specific question
For UniBE-specific question: Risk Management Unit as coordinating office, E-Mail