Open Lecture Hall
Offer for refugees
Do you have an academic background and would like to attend lectures and get to know the university?
The "Open Lecture Hall" program of the Student Union of the University of Bern offers this possibility to a limited number of refugees.
- Residence permit F or N
What you have to know about the "Open Lecture Hall" program:
- With a valid "Open Lecture Hall" pass you may attend up to 5 lectures per week in one semester, participate in excursions and other activities without being enrolled at the University of Bern.
- Any fees are covered by the Student Union of the University.
- You may use all facilities and services that you need for the courses (library, computer workplaces, and so on).
- You will receive a campus account to manage/access online your lectures notes.
- A student/mentor from the University helps you with all questions.
- You may neither take examinations nor achieve a degree.
- Courses cannot be counted towards a degree program.
These courses may not be attended:
- Language courses
- Medical courses
- PhD and PostDoc courses