Your first point of contact for questions related to innovation and entrepreneurship
STRENGTHENING INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BERN AND THE INSELSPITAL, BERN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
The Innovation Office was founded in September 2021 to further promote a dynamic culture of innovation and entrepreneurial thinking at the University of Bern and the Inselspital, Bern University Hospital. The mandate of the Innovation Office is to support students, researchers and faculty members in translating ideas, research and inventions into innovations. Thereby, strengthening the University’s role in creating value through knowledge for society and economy.
UniBE Venture Fellowship
The UniBE Venture Fellowship program supports researchers from all disciplines at the University of Bern and the Inselspital, Bern University Hospital to translate their scientific results into innovative products or services, and take their first steps on their entrepreneurial journey. The goal of the Fellowship is to develop application-focused research to validate the Proof-of-Concept and determine the potential for commercialization with the aim to start her/his own business, and acquire entrepreneurial skills and develop a relevant network. Candidates must have earned a Master, PhD or medical degree prior to the start of the Fellowship period.
The next Call for Proposals is expected for October 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Sebastien Hug, Head of the Innovation Office, by phone (+41 79 196 31 58) or by e-mail.
Advice & Connections
We support, advise and connect you on your journey to become an entrepreneur and promote innovation at the University of Bern and the Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, as follows:
- Analysis of potential for Innovation proposals of university-linked research
- Advice for projects in the field of innovation (Innosuisse, Bridge grants, EU projects)
- Support, advice and connections for the creation of spin-offs and industry-academia collaborations
- Personalized workshops on topics such as business model, pitching, etc.
- Advising, supporting and collaborating with faculties, departments, institutes or clinics with the goal to promote innovation and entrepreneurship
Information & Resources
We keep you informed about the most important developments and support measures in regard to innovation and entrepreneurship at the University of Bern and the Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, as well as relevant funding instruments and other support opportunities. Furthermore, we provide you with helpful resources to build your company (work in progress, stay tuned).
Stay connected with us:
- +41 31 684 48 97
- +41 31 684 51 05
- Name / Titel
- Dr. Stefanie Dobitz
- Innovation & Startup Advisor Health and Medicine
- +41 79 804 00 81
- Name / Titel
- Prof. em. Dr.-Ing. Lutz Nolte
- Senior Innovation Advisor
- +41 79 663 65 45