Scopus is an interdisciplinary bibliographic database containing more than 64 million titles from over 21,500 peer-reviewed journals, 131,000 books, and 7.5 million conference papers. Contents cover natural sciences, medicine, technology and social sciences, including arts and humanities.
Web of Science (previously known as Web of Knowledge) is an online subscription-based, multidisciplinary scientific citation database. It gives access to multiple databases that reference cross-disciplinary research including journal articles, books and proceedings from natural sciences and technology, arts and humanities as well as social sciences.
Consultation hours for literature research
Our subject librarian for Sustainable Development would be pleased to assist you in making full use of the resources of the University Library Bern:
- Assistance in researching your topic
- Using specialized databases
- Help with search strategies
- Support for working with literature management programs
Please make an appointment by e-mail. The consultation can also be made using a tool such as Skype, Zoom, or Jitsi.
For further services of our subject librarians please visit the Portal Natural Sciences of the University Library of Bern.
- Literature on sustainable development (formerly Sustainable Development Library)
- Wide range of scientific and interdisciplinary literature on all aspects of sustainable development
- Books and e-books, journals (print and online) and DVDs
- Open access holdings for research and teaching as well as for the interested public
More literature on sustainable development can be found in the Muesmatt Library, in the Geography Library and in closed stack areas and can be requested through our online catalog swissbib Basel Bern.
Centre for Development and Environment (CDE)
CDE is Switzerland’s centre of excellence for sustainable development. One of the University of Bern’s strategic research centres, their task is mainstreaming sustainability throughout the university’s research and teaching.