Swisslex is Switzerland's leading law information platform. Access only for members of the University of Bern who are personally registered.
Weblaw provides a range of legal information, particularly the Jusletter.
Consultation hours for literature research
Our subject librarians in law would be pleased to assist you in making full use of the resources of the University Library Bern:
- Assistance in researching your topic
- Using specialized databases
- Help with search strategies
- Support in working with literature management programs
Please make an appointment by e-mail. The consultation can also be made using a tool such as Skype, Zoom, or Jitsi.
The majority of our collection in law is housed in closed stack areas and can be requested through our online catalog swissbib Basel Bern. Open access holdings can be found in the following libraries:
- Swiss legal literature
- Legal literature of the Canton of Bern
- Basic literature and literature of related subjects with legal relevance (focus on history, philosophy and sociology of law)
- Foreign legal literature (focus on neighboring countries)
- European Union law
- Comments and collections of laws on Swiss legal literature in the reading room
- Latest issues of print journals in the Schultheissensaal
- European Union Law
- World Trade Law