FIS-Bildung Literaturdatenbank Central access to specialist pedagogical information with bibliographical references and abstracts, mainly from German-speaking areas
PSYNDEXplus Tests Descriptions of psychological and pedagogical test procedures used in German-speaking countries
Practical tools for academic work in a nutshell.
Consultation hours for literature research
Our subject librarian for Education would be pleased to assist you in making full use of the resources of the University Library Bern:
- Assistance in researching your topic
- Using specialized databases
- Help with search strategies
- Support for working with literature management programs
Please make an appointment by e-mail. The consultation can also be made using a tool such as Skype, Zoom, or Jitsi.
For further services of our subject librarians please visit the Portal Human and Social Sciences of the University Library of Bern (in German).
Tools and Tutorials
Search smart - find faster
How to specify search results? How do you exclude what you are not interested in? How do you cleverly expand a search? Boolean operators improve your search results.
Keywords and Subject Headings
Research in databases
How do I get good hits in databases? What is the difference between keywords and subject headings? Where can I find keywords? Choosing the right search terms is crucial when conducting a scientific search.
Our collection in education sciences can be requested through our online catalog swissbib Basel Bern. Open access holdings can be found in the following libraries:
- Open access library with literature for teaching and research in all fields of education sciences and teacher training
- Specialized journals and reference works
- Special collections like unpublished theses in Human Sciences, school sets, teaching materials, games as well as picture books, children's books and juvenile literature
- Reference works in the reading room
- Latest issues of print journals in the Schultheissensaal
- Publications on education and social pedagogy in the city and canton of Bern
- Books and journals on education and pedagogy (main focus on continuing and adult education including didactics, university research, knowledge/science, evaluation, technology, labor and society)