- 54 workplaces for students of veterinary medicine
- Two free standing computer terminals
- Electronic self-loan
- WLAN (network of the University of Bern)
- Photocopier and scanner
- The University Library of Bern regulations and fees apply to the Vetsuisse Library as well
- For borrowing books you need a valid user pass
- You can register online or in person at our counter
- Self-borrowing option available
- Short-term loans (are for 7 days only)
- No loan period extension or book reservation are possible
- Books with a red spot and all journals are not for loan
Interlibrary Loans and Document Delivery
- For journal articles not available at the Vetsuisse use the following tutorial (in German): Anleitung Artikelbestellungen Vetsuisse-Bibliothek.pdf (PDF, 239KB)
Introductory / Training Sessions
- Library tours (1st semester)
- Swissbib-Catalogue-Research (2nd year)
- PubMed-training (4th year)
- Call-In-Sessions for all staff and students of veterinary medicine
The collections of the Vetsuisse Library are primarily intended for students of veterinary medicine. The collections can be searched for using the swissbib Basel Bern catalog.
Vetsuisse Library book selection is based on the research needs of staff and students of the Veterinary Faculty. Vetsuisse Library books are classified by shelfmark in the open access area.
The veterinary medicine list of e-journals of the University Library Bern (UB) lists the titles of electronic journals that are licensed for the University of Bern and accessible (with restrictions) in a full text version.
Search by title / ISSN of the journal or scroll down in the "Medical Disciplines" search slot to Veterinary Medicine where the licensed journals on veterinary medicine will be displayed.
Access is possible from outside the campus via VPN for members of the university.
Print journals can be photocopied in the library.
Current issues can be found on the journals rack. Older volumes are stored on the library's mobile shelving or in the vonRoll storage facility.
Free PDFs can be ordered online via the catalog from journals stored in the vonRoll storage (facility) as long as you have an @vetsuisse address.
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org