Theology and Humanities
Opening hours Basisbibliothek
The pick-up point for Bern UB Unitobler is located in the Basisbibliothek Unitobler BTO.
- house rules of Unitobler (PDF, 1.1 MB) apply in all libraries (document in German)
- wireless network (network of the University of Bern)
- orientation system to help find libraries, rooms and services in the Unitobler building
- library tour to explore the building and the services of the University Library with the application «Actionbound»
Borrowing and returning
- registered users (IDS library pass or Unicard of the University of Bern) may borrow books and media from the library (conditions of borrowing and use are based on the usage regulations of the University Library Bern)
- to borrow items use the electronic self-lending terminals on the premises or go to the check-out points (Basisbibliothek BTO, support platform, Lerchenweg Library)
- items from special locations can be ordered via swissbib Basel Bern and can be picked up at the Basisbibliothek within two weeks
- items checked out by another user can be reserved via our online catalog and be picked up at the Basisbibliothek within two weeks
- media from non-circulating collections, course material and the latest issues of journals are excluded from borrowing
- books from all libraries can be returned in the Basisbibliothek or in one of the libraries served by the local courier
- the return boxes in the institute libraries can be used exclusively for books from that particular library (boxes may not be emptied daily, please read the information on the boxes)
Interlibrary loan and document delivery
For orders for items from abroad or from libraries outside the national courier service please contact the Basisbibliothek or use the order forms available on the website.
There is no home delivery for items from the Unitobler institute libraries. Please check at your local library about interlibrary loan services.
Courses and tutorials
Public library and catalogue introductions - in German (no registration required):
The next introductions will be held in the fall semester 2020.
Tutorials and guided tours for groups:
The Basisbibliothek Unitobler BTO offers introductory tutorials on library use and on catalog searching for groups. Specific tutorials and contact persons can be found in the registration forms for the Department of History or for other departments respectively (early registration requested).
For information about courses and tutorials in the institute libraries of Unitobler libraries, please check the website of the corresponding libraries.