Action plan: gender equality
The Gender Action Plan 2017-20 has been developed by the University of Bern in the framework of the fifth so called Federal Equal Opportunities Programme ("Bundesprogramm Chancengleichheit") by swissuniversities. It drives forward the promotion of gender equality according to the university's "Strategy 2021".
Within the scope of 8 fields of action 52 different goals and measures will be realised by 2020.
Fields of Action
- Defining and institutionalising gender equality as well as quality assurance
- Equal opportunities in the selection of personnel
- Targeted promotion of female junior researchers
- Studies, work, and care engagements
- Non-stereotypical choice of studies
- Non-discriminatory working environment
- Equal opportunities for university staff
- Public relations and communications
The Swiss federal program "Equal opportunity and university development 2017-2020"
This programme is funded within the framework of the federal project contributions 2017-2020. The implementation and the financing of the project contributions 2017-2020 are subject to the decisions of the Parliament.
The "Equal opportunity and university development" programme aims to ensure an even number of men and women in higher education and is also concerned with other aspects of inequality and diversity at universities. The programme helps to secure equal opportunity by means of action plans (a proven tool) and facilitates collaborative beacon projects across universities and other higher education institutions.