Faculty Research Platforms 2021
The Phil.-hist. Faculty operates research platforms for interdisciplinary exchange between researchers of the faculty and beyond. The platforms are administratively combined as a research forum and are located in the Walter Benjamin Kolleg (WBKolleg). The research forum sees itself as a 'marketplace of ideas' with a laboratory character, a low degree of institutionalization and voluntary commitment.
The research platforms constitute and organize themselves. They serve the development of innovation fields, enable research from 'below', increase the visibility of the faculty and receive start-up support for third-party funding to be acquired.
For this purpose, the faculty provides up to CHF 3,000 per research platform as basic funds per year. Applications beyond two years can only be approved if third-party funding applications are planned.
Maximum funding duration: 5 years.
All researchers at the Phil.-hist. Faculty may submit a proposal up to and including April 4, 2021. The selection will take place on April 12. Approval will be retroactive to January 1, 2021.
- involves at least two researchers from the Phil.-hist. Faculty from more than one department. An interfaculty or interuniversity constellation is welcomed.
- is inter- and/or transdisciplinary in nature.
- is innovative in subject matter and/or methodology.
- results in a proposal for external funding within a reasonable time.
The application comprises a project outline of a maximum of three pages, indicating
- the persons involved,
- the project idea,
- a time schedule and a cost plan
- Faculty and other funds already raised.
The application deadline is April 4, 2021.
Please send your application to Ariane Lorke at firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the WBKolleg leadership team.
For questions regarding content, please contact Karénina Kollmar-Paulenz: email@example.com.