German as a Foreign Language (GFL)
The GFL Office at the University of Bern offers courses from levels A1 to C2 (beginners up to high-school leaving equivalent) for students and doctoral students registered at the university.
We are responsible for:
- Placement: which is the right course level?
- Conducting the semester courses
- Assessing the performance of the course participants
- Answering questions about the course
- Issuing invoices where applicable
Consultation hours by appointment
Every course participant must take a placement test if they do not have an official certificate gained in the last twelve months.
The courses cover all levels from A1 to C2. There is an integration course for exchange students in the two weeks before classes begin.
For students at the Bern University of Applied Sciences and the Bern University of Teacher Education
Students at the Bern University of Applied Sciences and the Bern University of Teacher Education must pay to take these courses.