Dear new students
To ensure the best possible preparation for the start of your studies, the University of Bern is organising introductory days from September 9 to 11, 2020. These days consist of a preparation workshop (Bachelor) and a freshers' day (Bachelor / Master). Participate and receive all the necessary information as well as helpful tips for your studies at the University of Bern!
The introductory days 2020 are taking place from September 9 to 11.
Freshers' day for first-year students
The following information and counseling services will be present at the freshers' day for first-year students:
Are you just about to start your bachelor's degree program at the University of Bern and wondering if you are well prepared for this new chapter in your life? The preparation workshop provides you with lots of practical tips, so that you will be well equipped for the start of the first semester. Among other things, you will learn more about the following topics:
- Learning strategies for daily studies
- Tips for good time management
- Introduction to the platforms KSL (administration of courses and examinations) and ILIAS (teaching and learning platform)
The preparation workshop will take place on 9 and 10 September 2020 and is being conducted by the Vice-Rectorate Teaching in cooperation with the following centers:
- Synapso - Center of Learning and Memory
- Counselling Centre Universities of Bern
- Students' Union of the University of Bern (SUB)
- Teaching Administration Systems (TAS)
- Support Center for ICT-Aided Teaching and Research (iLUB)
Information on the programme and registration will follow in spring 2020.
To supplement the preparation workshop, the University of Bern offers first-year bachelor students two in-depth workshops on the topics of “Learning Strategies” and “Time Management and Stress Management”.