Dear New Students
Where can I register for my courses? How should I organize my studies? And what does the University of Bern have to offer me alongside my course of study? If you have these and other questions you would like answers to, then visit the introductory courses in the week before the semester begins.
The introductory days 2024 are taking place from September 12 to 13.
Freshers' day for first-year students
The Preparation Workshop provides you with lots of practical tips, so that you will be well equipped for the start of the first semester. The programme includes the following topics:
- Learning strategies for daily studies
- Tips for good time and stress management
- Introduction to CTS (platform for the administration of courses and examinations)
- Introduction to ILIAS (teaching and learning platform)
- Tips from students for the start of the semester
The Preparation Workshop is being conducted by the Vice-Rectorate Teaching in cooperation with the following offices / persons:
- Dr. Barbara Studer, Institute of Psychology at the University of Bern / Hirncoach AG (only in German)
- Universities of Bern Counselling Centre
- Teaching Administration Systems (TAS)
- Support Center for ICT-Aided Teaching and Research (iLUB)
- Students' Union of the University of Bern (SUB) (only in German)