SEMP (Erasmus) internship
In the context of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme, you can do an internship at the University of Bern and may also apply for a grant.
- You are registered at a university of a participating European country (for the entire duration of the internship)
- The duration of your internship must be between 2 and 12 months
- Your internship must be recognized by your home university as part of your studies (with ECTS credit points or in the diploma supplement)
Your internship will take place at the the University of Bern. It must be completed within in the period between June 1 and September 30 of the following year
for students of human medicine
Financing is not possible for internships of students of medicine as part of PY periods at teaching hospitals of the University of Bern.
for students of veterinary medicine
For an internship in veterinary medicine it is required to contact Prof. Dr. Meike Mevissen in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
The monthly grant totals CHF 440. There is a limit to the number of grants available. These are assigned on a "first come, first served" basis. To apply for a grant, please fill out the registration form below.
- You are responsible for organizing an internship at the University of Bern.
- You then contact your home university to see whether this internship is recognized.
- You submit the registration form to the International Office of the University of Bern.
- Once your application has been checked and the funding has been approved, the International Office will send you a grant confirmation. You will then receive details of the further procedure and a number of forms (learning agreement for traineeships, insurance declaration, grant agreement - declaration of honour, certificate of attendance, final report).
- Please return the completed and signed forms to the International Office.