Dear New Students
Where can I register for my courses? How should I organize my studies? And what does the University of Bern have to offer me alongside my course of study? If you have these and other questions you would like answers to, then visit the introductory courses in the week before the semester begins.
Freshers' day for first-year students is taking place on September 17, 2021
Freshers' day for first-year students
Information and counseling services:
Are you just about to start your bachelor's degree program at the University of Bern and wondering if you are well prepared for this new chapter in your life? The preparation workshop provides you with lots of practical tips, so that you will be well equipped for the start of the first semester. Among other things, you will learn more about the following topics:
- Learning strategies for daily studies
- Tips for good time management
- Introduction to the platforms KSL (administration of courses and examinations) and ILIAS (teaching and learning platform)
The preparation workshop will take place on 15 and 16 September 2021 and is being conducted by the Vice-Rectorate Teaching in cooperation with the following centers:
- Synapso - Center of Learning and Memory (only in German)
- Counselling Centre Universities of Bern
- Students' Union of the University of Bern (SUB) (only in German)
- Teaching Administration Systems (TAS)
- Support Center for ICT-Aided Teaching and Research (iLUB)
Information on the programme and registration will follow in spring 2021.
To supplement the preparation workshop, the University of Bern offers first-year bachelor students two in-depth workshops on the topics of “Learning Strategies” and “Time Management and Stress Management”.
The workshops will be conducted by the Vice-Rectorate Teaching in cooperation with Synapso (only in German), the University of Bern’s Center of Learning and Memory, and take place in the spring semester 2021. Further information on the workshops will be available from early 2021.