The following principles must be observed when submitting an application for UniBE Doc.Mobility:
- Funding is provided for a period of research at a foreign research institution, which usually lasts twelve months, but can be shorter on justified request although the minimum period required is at least six months.
- The host institution is not in the country of your origin or your degree. Exceptions, usually with scientific reasons, are possible.
- At the time of application deadline, you have been enrolled as a doctoral student at the University of Bern for at least 12 months (exceptions are only possible in justified cases). Doctoral students of all disciplines doing research, either with or without an employment at the University of Bern, are eligible to submit an application.
- Applicants may not receive funding from the SNSF – SNSF doctoral students can finance their mobility with an SNSF mobility grant.
- The support of the first and the second supervisor is proved with two provided reference letters.
- A research plan for the research stay abroad must be submitted with the application. You will find more details on this in the guidelines.
- A mobility grant takes the form of an employment as a doctoral student at the University of Bern, but with a place of work abroad. This employment covers all social contributions; furthermore, being employed facilitates the regulation of insurance matters.
- However, UniBE Doc.Mobility does not cover expenses such as travel and accommodation costs, congress expenses and registration fees. These costs have to be covered by other sources of financing.
Please make sure you read the further detailed information on applications in the guidelines.