Support for researchers collaborating with the economy and other private operators or public institutions is central to the use of knowledge acquired at the University of Bern. To this end, the technology transfer organization Unitectra AG of the universities of Basel, Bern and Zurich provides services in the following areas:
- Commercial implementation of research results
- Negotiation of research contracts
- Support in founding spin-offs
- Contact point for economic partners with regard to questions concerning technology transfer
- Training and continuing education for researchers in the field of technology transfer
In the field of medicinal technology, the Competence Center for Medical Technology foundation (ccmt) is another partner for researchers which serves as a hub between academic research and development service providers and medical technology companies in Switzerland.