Registration and check lists
With good preparation, it is easier to deal with one or two "surprises" that might be encountered when moving.
We will be more than happy to advise you personally and send you an overview (pdf) for the periods "Before arrival" and "After arrival". The check list is primarily intended for researchers and lecturers appointed by the University of Bern.
We would appreciate the following information for your registration and mailing of the checklists:
- Your name (indicating "Mr" / "Ms" is helpful)
- Current place of residence (country)
- Recruiting institute at the University of Bern
- contact person at the institute
- your "status" as employee (e.g. PhD student, postdoc, professor etc.)
- Scheduled first day of work and probable length of stay
- Subsequent immigration of family planned (who? how many?)
The online information and recommendations of the Welcome Center refer to times without restrictions due to the corona virus. Please discuss details of the new employment with your institute and keep up to date on visa and entry requirements.
The information portal ch.ch
The info portal ch.ch provides information on living in Switzerland, e.g. visa, entry, residence, tax, health insurance, etc.