Good preparation and check lists
With good preparation, it is easier to deal with one or two "surprises" that might be encountered when moving. This section provides advice about preparing to travel.
We will be more than happy to send you an overview for the periods "Before arrival" and "After arrival". The check list is primarily intended for researchers and lecturers appointed by the University of Bern.
When sending the check lists, we would be grateful if you could provide the following information:
- Your name (indicating "Mr" / "Ms" is helpful)
- Current place of residence (country)
- Recruiting institute at the University of Bern (+ contact person at the institute)
- Scheduled first day of work and probable length of stay
- Subsequent immigration of family planned (who? how many?)