BOP Journals & Books
The label “Bern Open Publishing” includes a range of services which are offered to researchers at the University of Bern.
Open access publishing
The BOP Serials publication platform offers university members the opportunity to publish peer-reviewed, periodically published open access journals and series of papers.
Other open access publications such as monographs, anthologies, working papers or reports can be published via the BORIS repository.
We can provide the required identifiers for publications disseminated via BOP Serials or BORIS:
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier) – used to uniquely identify a digital document. Publications which have a DOI have permanent citation references and locators
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
- ISSN (International Standard Serial Number for journals and series of papers)
We can provide assistance with issues relating to the publishing process such as
- Selection of the most suitable open access licence
- Assessment or drafting of publication contracts
- Inclusion of your journal in international standard directories such as the DOAJ or Medline
- Evaluation of suitable open access publication media
- Identification of financing options for publications
- Setting up of an ORCID
- Compilation of workflows