Der Neue Pauly Key German language lexicon on Greek and Roman culture
The Encyclopedia of Ancient History Comprehensive English-language encyclopedia on history and culture from the Bronze Age to the 7th century
Propylaeum Key German language specialist portal for all areas of classical studies
- Basic literature and guides
- Specialized academic and interdisciplinary literature and journals in conjunction with the institute libraries
- Text editions and notes
- Historical collections
Basisbibliothek Unitobler BTO
- Basic literature for students, text editions,
Libraries for Archeology of the Mediterranean and Archaeology of the Near East
The library includes the collections of both the Archeology of the Mediterranean and the Archeology of the Near East departments. The faculty library for the Department of Archeology of the Mediterranean has a collection of 750 linear meters, including some 170 subscribed journals, a number of loose-leaf publications (e.g. Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum) as well as reference works, excavation reports, museum catalogs, congress papers and bilingual editions of ancient authors. The focus is on the representational culture and art of Greek and Roman antiquity and the Etruscans. The faculty library of the Department of Archeology of the Near East focuses on the archeology and the history of art and culture of the Near East. The philological section focuses on the cuneiform script literature, particularly Sumerian and Accadian.
- Texts, notes and studies on Greek and Latin literature from 750 BC to 600 AD. M
- Medieval Latin and neo-Latin and Byzantine works (fictional and philosophical, historical and scientific texts)
Library for Prehistory, Early History and Archaeology of the Roman Provinces
- Collection: 30,000 volumes.
- Department of Prehistory and Early History: material editions of the prehistory and early history of Europe; conference papers, commemorative publications and archeological guides that are as comprehensive as possible.
- Department of Archeology of the Roman Provinces: excavation publications (cemeteries and burial sites, settlements, shrines, etc.), conference papers, commemorative publications and archeological guides, with a particular focus on Gaul, Northwest provinces to the mid-Danube region, Spain and Northern Italy.